Tuesday 10 July 2012

Introductions

My name is Jenny and I've been meaning to start blogging for years! The reason it's taken me so long to get started is that I didn't know what to actually write about. I've come to realise though that I constantly talk about my dog on Facebook and Twitter, and (whilst out on a walk!) I came to the conclusion that she's the ideal subject for a blog.

Before I get started, I want to make it clear that this isn't me giving advice on dogs and their care. Everyone has their own way of doing things and my way is by no means the only way to look after a dog. I'm more than happy to discuss tips and different methods of training, feeding and bringing up dogs but please don't criticise my methods if they're not the same as your 'expert advice'. Also, I'm the first to admit that my dog is probably a little over-indulged and spoilt but I never forget that she's a living creature and not a toy nor a baby. So with this little bit of serious talk out of the way, let's get onto introducing my dog!

My family adopted Sapphire (Saffy) from Dogs Trust in 2009 when she was just 3 months old. She is a little brown and white Jack Russell Terrier (sometimes she's described as a Parson Russell Terrier because of her long legs). We don't know very much about her history before then, other than to say she came over from Ireland with the other females in her litter. She's a crazy, energetic little dog who clearly landed on her feet when she was adopted by us because she's had the best of everything ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment